Stirfried Cabbage with Shrimp

Yes! I am still sticking to my healthy eating habits and thoroughly enjoying the journey. I’ve learned to harness my cooking skills to create meals that are both healthy and delicious.

As usual, I was browsing through the produce section at our local farmer's market. I had grown tired of grilled veggies, and I'll admit, I was very tempted to grab a juicy steak and toss it on the grill. I had to have a serious talk with "fat Shilpa" and remind her that 30 years of indulging in rich food has already made its mark, and I didn’t need to add more to the tally. Luckily, "healthy Shilpa" won the internal debate, and I ended up walking away with a fresh purple cabbage and some fruits.




So, here’s my recipe for a simple yet tasty cabbage stir-fry:

Ingredients:

1 cabbage (white or purple), chopped lengthwise

6-8 large shrimp (optional), cleaned

2-3 cloves garlic, chopped

2 dry red chilies, broken into pieces

2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce (I use vegetarian mushroom-flavored soy sauce)

1 tsp olive oil

Method:

Heat a wok and add the olive oil.

Once the oil is hot, toss in the chopped garlic and red chilies. Let them sizzle for a minute.

If you're using shrimp, add them now and stir-fry until they turn pink.

Add the chopped cabbage to the wok and stir-fry for about 5 minutes.

Pour in the soy sauce and give everything a good stir, letting the cabbage cook to your liking. I personally prefer it to have a slight crunch.

Notes:

You can make this dish without shrimp, and it turns out just as delicious.

I often use this as a low-calorie meal for lunch or dinner, enjoying it on its own.

If you're not adding shrimp, you can pair it with grilled chicken.

Feel free to use plain low-sodium soy sauce and experiment with any other seasonings you prefer.

This quick and easy stir-fry has become one of my go-to meals when I'm craving something flavorful yet light!

Post a Comment

0 Comments