Oven Roasted Fish with veggies recipe

I am a huge seafood enthusiast and could easily eat fish every day. Back home in Bombay, my Amma makes the most amazing fish curry, rice, and fish fry. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water! She knows how much I love fish, so whenever I land in Bombay, she always prepares Halwa (Black Pomfret) Ghassi, fry, and rice for dinner. Delicious!




Here, fresh seafood is hard to come by, and even when it’s available, it’s usually limited to Catfish and Tilapia. I really miss the variety of fresh seafood I used to enjoy back home. When I visited my cousin in California during a break, she made sure I got to enjoy plenty of good seafood meals, which I truly appreciated.

Edamame, which is soybeans, is highly nutritious and often found in Japanese (Sushi) restaurants.

One day, I noticed I had some frozen tilapia fillets in my freezer, along with some frozen edamame and fresh broccoli. I wasn’t in the mood for chopping or frying, so I decided to go for a one-pot meal. Here’s the recipe:

Ingredients:

1 lb fish fillets (any firm fish will do)
Vegetables (washed and chopped – I used broccoli and beans, but any veggies will work)
1 tsp Italian herbs or oregano
1/2 tsp red chili flakes
1-2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper powder
Olive oil
Salt to taste

Instructions:

Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). If using frozen fish, defrost it first.

In a bowl, mix the Italian herbs, red chili flakes, pepper, salt, and garlic powder with some olive oil.

Rub this mixture onto the fish fillets and then coat the vegetables with the remaining mixture. Make sure everything is well-coated. Let it marinate for 15 minutes.

Lightly grease an oven-safe tray with olive oil. Place the fish in the center of the tray, and arrange the vegetables around it.

Bake for 20-25 minutes. Once done, broil for an additional 2 minutes to get a nice crispy finish.

Enjoy your meal!

Note:

After 20 minutes of baking, check if the fish is fully cooked by inserting a fork. If it needs more time, continue baking for a few more minutes before broiling.

When selecting vegetables, choose those that cook quickly. Root vegetables like potatoes may take longer to cook than the fish, so it’s better to bake them separately to avoid overcooking the fish.

Post a Comment

0 Comments